EDS Version Release Notes
Contact your sales representative to obtain the latest version of EDS.
11 Mar 2020
EDS 126.96.36.199 Released
14 Jan 2020
- GstarCAD 2020 support.
- DBF format extended to allow long column names (more than 10 characters). Compatible with other programs that read DBF. Mostly compatible with other programs that write DBF.
- Conductor Routing: Split power now supports more than two splits. Append further power numbers and proportions.
- Conductor Routing: Split power now supports splitting by distance across a tray. Split by distance requires units to distinguish it from a proportion value.
- Conductor Routing: Power now supports comma separated lists enclosed in quotation marks so that commas are not misinterpreted as split power.
- Database Editor: Supports long column names for MDB, SQL Server and DBF format.
- Database Editor: Grid editor for Modify Database Structure. This provides features such as copy & paste, incrementing to creating column names, and warnings for issues such as data truncation.
- DGN Converter: Provides more options for mapping DWG entities with specific properties to DGN entities with specific properties.
- DGN Converter: Added text width multiplier to the text style map file - WIDTH_MULT.
- DGN Converter: Added USEDWGJUST in text style map to use justification directly from the DWG file instead of using the default from the DGN template.
- Ebase: FromToWire and Corsch support double underscore suffix (__A / __B) to fetch data from the subcomponent containing the terminal, instead of always subcomponent 0. Will first check for terminal-specific catalog column, e.g. XYZ_T4 in catalog to satisfy XYZ__A or XYZ__B if the schematic terminal is from T4 of that subcomponent.
- Elecdes: Improved "Pick component from BOM". Remembers last panel choice, Pre-selects the next device. Click [Use this item] to load it into the attributes.
- Instrument Manager: Generate wiring diagrams and terminal strips without running Elecdes.
- Paneldes: Conductor routing and viewing functions now provided from the same dialog showing a list of conductors.
- Paneldes: Introduced ability to route only the cables currently selected in the cable list.
- Wirediag: Re-fresh wiring diagrams and terminal strips from Ebase.
- Miscellaneous: Added "Transpose Paste" option to the menu for all data grid editors.
Important File Updates
- Layer.dbf for Paneldes removed POWER value for virtual tray.
- IM and CS database templates updated to include Component_Type column in Terminal Groups table.
- IM and CS "EDS Project Import Map.dbf" updated to import MFG and CATNO and therefore fetch catalog data after the import.
- scada.mnu, which is still used for Elecdes on GstarCAD - fixed command for Insert2DAccessory.
- Cable Scheduler: Uses new formula system for importing.
- Conductor Routing: Connection "Cloud Radius" now available on the routing settings.
- Conductor Routing: Cable route trace diagnostic logging (ROUTE_TRACE_OUTPUT) now logs only cables in ROUTE_TRACE_CABLES INI setting.
- Database Editor: Uses new formula system for Compute Values.
- DGN Converter: Logs failures to find DGN Converter mappings and the use of fallback mappings. Assists in managing conversion requirements.
- Elecdes/Paneldes: Restored ability to save all open drawings. Until recently only the one current drawing was saved.
- Elecdes/Paneldes: Create EDS workspaces in GstarCAD 2019 and later (same as used in AutoCAD).
- Elecdes/Wirediag: Insertion drag box now supports view direction changes.
- Instrument Manager: Import EDS Project now sets MFG code and CATNO and therefore fetches catalog data after the import.
- Instrument Manager: Uses new formula system for generating output diagrams.
- Instrument Manager: Uses new formula system for importing.
- Paneldes: Added filtering from column headings to the conductor list for routing.
- Paneldes: Added option for Polyline Trace to disable the creation of non-catalog parts for irregular corner angles.
- Paneldes: Added the ability to remove the route from a cable, un-routing.
- Paneldes: Removed the manually-set "On Hold" option, which is redundant now that routing of selections is available.
- Paneldes: No longer changes the current layer when viewing conductor routes.
- Paneldes: Ductbank Editor can now use conduit that comes in pre-set lengths from the catalog (fixed-length conduit).
- Paneldes: Fit Trench to Ductbank no longer requires you to also select the conduit to fit to. Conduit is now detected automatically.
- Miscellaneous: Improved list control functionality to make it easier to add filtering and other small features to a list view used in EDS.
- Miscellaneous: Improved formula system with functions. Currently available in IM/CS Import, IM Output Documents, and in Compute Values in Database Editor. Eventually to be consistently available in all modules.
- Batch Printer: Fixed issue that settings could become incorrectly scaled when switching between metric and Imperial.
- Cable Scheduler: Fixed crash displaying routing preferences from within CS preferences.
- Catalog: Fixed crash if manufact.dbf contained overlength or duplicate MFG codes.
- Conductor Routing: Fixed error that conduit run from tray to device that overall is shorter than device-to-duct distance was never used by routing.
- Conductor Routing: Split power now results in a # suffix (like length splitting) instead of an N_, S_, E_, W_ prefix. This allows split power to load in CS.
- Ebase: Fixed open circuit error on a line network with both standard and gap wire markers on different line entities.
- Ebase: Project wiring [Auto Remove] now heals, or re-joins, the lines where wire gap markers are removed.
- Elecdes: Lines were erased when using STRETCH to shift a symbol along a line.
- Elecdes: Entity was not closed when reading position and visibility of REFERENCE attribute.
- Elecdes: Insert 2D Accessory failed on GstarCAD due to a typo in menu file.
- Elecdes/Paneldes: Better error message if EDS.CUIX is not loaded.
- Elecdes/Paneldes: Restores incremental undo of groups of actions within a command in AutoCAD 2013 and later.
- Install: EXE-only install did not copy GRX files (for use with GstarCAD).
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: Fixed crash using long column filters (e.g. long string of allowed instrument tags). Now allows up to 32,000 character filter.
- Paneldes: Automatic Insert was not working if the AI_File value was missing the DBF extension.
- Paneldes: Assemble panel redrew construction into paperspace if the layout had no modelspace viewports.
- Paneldes: Fixed GetPointsForSolidEntity for non-rectangular plates in GstarCAD. Previously would fail.
- Paneldes: Fixed Raceway Integrity Checker to not use routing diagnostic settings such as "Join disconnected networks".
- Paneldes: Fixed Raceway Integrity Checker reporting conduits from inside trench as unterminated when "Hide Ductbank Conduit" is enabled.
- Paneldes: Fit Trench to Ductbank did not re-draw the new envelope for trench straight length segments.
- Paneldes: Layer.dbf incorrectly specified a POWER value for virtual tray layers.
- Paneldes: Route01 layer was turned off after route viewing irrespective of the setting to hide layers while viewing routes.
- Paneldes: Re-define block and ATTSYNC were not working (and appear to have never been implemented prior to this).
- Paneldes: "Hide Ducting", "Display Ducting", "Hide 3D Raceway" and "Display 3D Raceway" were all failing to update the view.
- Protogen: Creating a database from multiple prototype drawings could omit fields if entity handles matched between drawings.
- Wirediag: Wiring Diagram Refresh had ceased to work on GstarCAD, becoming blocked on a busy flag.
- Wirediag: Fixed various errors drawing terminal strip diagrams from a Signals database.
- Wirediag: Refreshed diagrams would use common instead of device preferences for conductor arrangement. Conductors were loaded before wdPrefs.
- Miscellaneous: Fixed poor handling of Unicode in the data grid Advanced Cut, Copy, Paste and Insert functions.
- Miscellaneous: Invoked CAD commands no longer work with C: command prefix, e.g. WDE, check if MTD, BOM Table xref.
EDS 188.8.131.52 Released
25 Oct 2019
- Ebase: Cumulative revision reports.
- Wirediag: Core/conductor annotation now configured separately from internal wires and external wires.
Important File Updates
- WdPrefs block: New attributes for core annotation configuration.
- SEL 751 relay added to CatDSC0.
- Elecdes: Reference drawing diamond hiding now supports individual hidden status under two or more reference lists for a single component.
- Elecdes: Reference drawing diamond hiding now supports individual hidden status for references to a duplicate inserted subcomponent.
- Elecdes: Terminal strip rail builder will now accept a manually created bar link without a catalog selection.
- Instrument Manager: No longer asks to update output diagrams before "Edit". Always regenerates if the regeneration stamp indicates change.
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: Folder tree including sub folders can now be sorted alphanumerically (new General preference). If not sorted, sub folders are now grouped under their main table-based folder.
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: Recognises dedicated back and forward mouse buttons for previous and next tree selection navigation.
- Licence Manager: Modified user lock checking to avoid intermittent network trouble with inability to get read access to lock files.
- Conductor Routing: Some raceway segment Tee joins without a Tee segment fitting were not found after the spherical sort performance improvement
- Database Editor: Failed to show some Excel sheets when opening an Excel spreadsheet. Affected sheets have quotes around their names when retrieved from Excel but do not contain spaces in the names.
- Database Editor: Excel sheets were not considered read only, thus allowing changes in the grid that could not be saved.
- Database Editor: Fixed error when starting Open MS Access Table if the last opened database no longer exists.
- DGN Converter: Control-point or Nurbs spline was not converted and caused an invalid index error. Now works for both fit-points and control-points.
- DGN Converter: Some arcs were rotated the wrong way in DGN (arcs with normal pointing into the drawing instead of out of the drawing).
- Ebase: Fixed crash and error in Auto Find and Replace.
- Elecdes: Insert 2D layout component now doesn't quit if a P2D block is missing, instead it just skips that component.
- Elecdes: Line stretched across multiple symbols was broken across only one of the symbols.
- Elecdes: Reference header attribute values sourced from the schematic were empty if the first subcomponent was spare. Now filled from first used.
- Elecdes/Paneldes: Ceased unnecessary modification of the SHORTCUTMENU system variable in CAD.
- Elecdes/Paneldes: Fixed insertion of 2D panel layout block for a component with a leading space on the tagname picked from the BOM.
- Instrument Manager: Edit with Excel modified to work properly if an Excel instance is already running. Now tracks the document, not the Excel process.
- Instrument Manager: Fixed crash displaying list view of instruments with D1: links to a deleted custom loop table.
- Instrument Manager: Fixed a problem that changes to ratings made with Edit with Excel did not appear immediately (unlike tag record changes).
- Instrument Manager: Fixed view, edit and print skipping output diagrams that were missing but were successfully generated.
- Instrument Manager: Fixed datasheet appearing to be out-of-date after reading back changes from Edit with Excel. Now updates regeneration stamp at end.
- Instrument Manager: Fixed error during report configuration caused by incorrectly resolving a relative file path.
- Instrument Manager: Fixed crash adding a new database report where that report name already exists in the final Report Database MDB file.
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: Relational Aliases could not use the Target Component "Terminal Group" because the terminal groups table did not have a component type.
- Paneldes: Conduit Tee with non-zero LENGTH1 resulted in an incorrect dragged size and break when inserted into a straight length segment.
- Paneldes: Fixed device 3D blocks and labels being inserted on route power layer 0 instead of devic_blocks.
- Paneldes: Using the [Find] button in the Paneldes Component Selection window would select BLOCK entities even when it should not. This would cause double entries in the component list with one having incomplete data.
- Paneldes: In some circumstances Place 4 Viewports would not delete the default viewport, potentially failing always in AutoCAD 2019 and later.
- PLC Builder: Clicking [Cancel] on the wiring macro catalog page would make the builder skip the card choice for the next card.
- Wirediag: Catalog data was not fetched into spare terminals, only terminals from the schematic.
EDS 184.108.40.206 Released
8 Oct 2019
- Instrument Manager: Added "Export to PDF" for output diagrams.
- Elecdes/Ebase: Reference drawings modifications: Hiding the REFERENCE attribute or reference diamond will cause both to become hidden. Both must be unhidden to make visible.
- Elecdes/Ebase: Reference drawings modifications: Reference diamonds that are moved will retain their position on all drawing types except wiring diagrams.
- Instrument Manager: Added preference for option to retain backup copies of output diagrams in REV sub-folders (which was introduced in 220.127.116.11).
- Miscellaneous: Support DBF files with approximately 1500 columns by fixing signed short to be unsigned short when writing DBF header.
EDS 18.104.22.168 Released
9 Sept 2019
- AutoCAD 2020 support.
- GstarCAD 2019 support.
- Elecdes/Paneldes: DBF Import dialog now has a moveable splitter between the column list and the properties panel.
- Paneldes: Global Editing now does not change the layer of components (i.e. all non-raceway).
- Paneldes: Improved positioning of label blocks for tee, corner and riser raceway segments.
- Miscellaneous: Accepts EDSStrings.txt translation file with UTF8-BOM encoding.
- Ebase: Report generation from a copied template now ensures the report is writeable if the template is read-only.
- Elecdes/Paneldes: Fixed insertion of 2010 format block definition in GstarCAD 2012 by converting to 2000 format during insertion.
- Elecdes/Paneldes: Registration of pop-up menu for AutoCAD changed to not break other AutoCAD button functions, like Shift-Middle Mouse for orbit.
- Instrument Manager: Datasheet files were left open/locked after printing from IM.
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: Fixed "Encountered an improper argument" debug error using "Select from Catalog" on a non-catalog component.
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: Fixed import of multiple components creating only the first component's output diagram(s).
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: Now detects SQL Server computed columns and does not attempt to update them, thus avoiding a SQL Error.
- Paneldes: Fixed Auto-Insert of "extendable" tray to insert multiple segments in a run if the segment has a specified length.
- Paneldes: Fixed Global Edit update to not change the layer of non-power-layer raceway segments.
- Paneldes: Fixed incorrect preferences check that disabling "Use default 3D block labels" would stop insertion of parametric raceway envelope.
- Paneldes: Fixed trimming of corner blocks, which was sometimes failing to trim all solids when the block contained multiple solids.
- Paneldes: Fixed reconstruction after Global Editing a non-90 degree tee fitting, which could flip orientation for some dimensions and angle of tee.
- Paneldes: Fixed routing licence level check for number of cables.
- Paneldes: Polyline trace will now enforce that a straight segment must be chosen for the catalog specification for the raceway.
- Setup: Fixed profile creation after [Reset Profiles] for newer GstarCAD versions that don't use a profile named "Default".
- Setup: Profile creation for GstarCAD now specifically sets the default folders: fonts, help, color, and support in AppData.
EDS 22.214.171.124 Released
9 Sept 2019
- Elecdes: Toggle Attribute Visibility without specific attribute now shows a dialog to show or hide any attribute of the selected symbols.
- Elecdes/Ebase: Set reference text (traditional drawing and position reference) in reference diamonds.
- Elecdes/Paneldes: Allow <PRJ>, <PRJNAME> and <PRJPATH> placeholders in IMPCOL blocks.
- Instrument Manager: Can read P&ID data stored in a SQLite database (one of the database options for recent versions of AutoCAD Plant 3D).
- Instrument Manager: New tagname lookup formula to find a component related by "loop number", being the right most digits in the source component tagname. #U1.FE-.B:...# resolved against an instrument named "CV-101" will look for a component named "FE-101B".
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: Open project specified on command line.
- Paneldes: Added ability to exclude entities by layer from Interference Checking.
- Paneldes: Allow split power in corner, riser and reducer segments.
- Elecdes/Paneldes: Can now set text width factor for a column in DBF Import.
- Licence Manager: Reduced Cable Scheduler's use of a limited or evaluation licence. Previously it occupied a large proportion of the available device and terminal count.
- Paneldes: Changed point-separated power value matching. 1.1 now doesn't match 1.10 (but 1.1 will now match 1.01).
- Paneldes: Improved drawing of cables through transitions between small and large width segments, which is common with split power.
- Paneldes: Removed some unused settings from preferences.
- Paneldes: Removed Paneldes menu and ribbon functions for managing XRef drawings. Users should use standard XREF command.
- Wirediag: Sets wiring diagram and terminal strip symbol attributes from catalog data. Previously set from only schematic symbol attribute values.
- Miscellaneous: Added some support for UNC paths.
- Cable Scheduler: Fix to update existing ratings records on start was attempting to re-use an open result set, which is not allowed. This is the SQL Server version of the 126.96.36.199 fix.
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: Fixed crash adding an instrument or device with terminals but no catalog data. Caused by writing catalog data to terminal groups.
- Miscellaneous: Fixed some errors in DBF and XLS/XLSX file locking procedure, although these errors did not cause problems while running programs.
EDS 188.8.131.52 Released
25 Mar 2019
- Ebase: Single line cable markers (main marker and any stack of extra or piggy-back markers) should connect separate line networks, i.e. continuation.
- Elecdes: Rename reactor now also renames symbols on INSERT or EXPLODE. Allows a sub-circuit to be inserted as a block and exploded and get new names.
- Cable Scheduler: Now loads Elecdes instrument symbols (as devices), including catalog and appropriately named discrete terminals, and cable connections.
- Cable Scheduler: Performance improvement for updating database to remove drawing link from deleted drawing components.
- Cable Scheduler: Performance improvement for updating raceway segment cross-section data.
- Cable Scheduler: Performance improvement when writing CS database components to the cache.
- Conductor Routing: Performance improvement when connecting raceway segments using a spherical sort.
- Ebase: Allow for searchable text in exported PDFs. Requires as-yet unreleased update to GhostScript but we have our own 64 bit binaries here.
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: Added option SKIP_ADMIN_CHECK to skip the check for administrative permission and assume a given login will work. This should allow a user with db_ddladmin inherited from an Active Directory group to be able to create tables in a database.
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: Better feedback for overwriting connections made to or from the left or right tree in connection view (as introduced in 184.108.40.206).
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: Import from Excel now ignores named ranges that have the same names as the sheets. This caused a double import.
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: Improved login behaviour when creating tables in an empty database. Better dialog info, fewer login requests, better response to failed login.
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: Removed 220.127.116.11 change that introduced setting the C1/C2 side from the drag & drop tree choices in Connection View.
- Instrument Manager: Added to the database template a default highlight of red coloured text for any output diagram with no primary component assigned.
- Instrument Manager: Added to the database template a default relational alias for <Primary Component> on each of the output diagram types.
- Instrument Manager: If the user chooses to not continue waiting for Wirediag, it will now make a final check for Wirediag to try to complete successfully. The timeout has often happened in the background and now that Wirediag has finished it is illogical to choose to continue waiting.
- Instrument Manager: Wait timer for Wirediag extended from 20 seconds to 2 minutes. Timer ends automatically if finished before the timeout.
- Licence Manager: Allowed Licence Manager to start if a UNC path is set as the Working Directory in Setup, which is not a supported feature.
- Licence Manager: New error message if programs fail to get an initialisation response from Licence Manager.
- Paneldes: Improvement to dialog when selecting to draw a wire list cross-section for a duct segment - option text and control disabling.
- Paneldes: Navisworks now shows Paneldes data for devices when selecting the label block or realistic 3D block for the device.
- Paneldes: Option to not rectify the orientation of tray envelope to always show open top upwards. Can now choose to show in placed orientation.
- Paneldes: Raceway placement by Polyline Trace now better handles polylines with duplicate points and doubled-back segments.
- Paneldes: Removed some unused settings from preferences.
- Wirediag: Cease turning off the CAD grid.
- Miscellaneous: Performance improvement copying large numbers of DBF format data records between databases in memory.
- Batch Printer: File Open dialog did not list drawing files due to broken file type filter.
- Cable Scheduler: Attempted to calculate cable positions when creating model-less cable routes, causing "SetUCSMatrix Failed" error.
- Cable Scheduler: Fixed overlaid terminal in connection preview for device with 4 or more terminals and no terminal groups.
- Cable Scheduler: Fixed problem that device terminals originally from drawing subcomponents without catalog link were erased when synching with drawing data.
- Cable Scheduler: Synchronisation with drawings attempts to retain cable connections to components that are relatives of DWG connection.
- Cable Scheduler: Synchronisation with drawings now retains cable connections to components that are relatives of the connections shown on the drawings. e.g. Now keeps connection to a terminal strip even if the drawing being synched shows a connection to the terminal strip's panel.
- Cable Scheduler: Was duplicating ratings record of drawing components that were already in the database on every start instead of updating.
- Catalog: Fixed bend direction of various catalog entries for outside / external / convex risers - required fixing CNRANGLE.
- Ebase: Entering a new project name on Windows 10 would prompt to create the file after the first letter was pressed. Windows 10 behaviour change.
- Ebase: Fixed core sheet generation, which was making the core sheet list without its DBF file extension since 18.104.22.168.
- Ebase: Fixed erroneous "Term missing" warning in materials and conductor reports.
- Ebase: RSTATUS "A_END_?" control for cables was applied on the first drawing for the cable core, not the drawing with the RSTATUS value.
- Ebase: RSTATUS "A_END_?" values for cables were sometimes lost if not placed on every marker for the cable.
- Elecdes: Fixed crash displaying popup menu in GstarCAD following Unicode conversion.
- Elecdes: Fixed crash showing the Navigate to Subcomponent window on buffer overrun, e.g. complete reference with many SUBn_DESCm attributes.
- Elecdes: Fixed the stretch definition in some views of some 2D panel layout blocks, where the stretch region was not correct in that view.
- Global Editor: Multi-line text and attributes now preserved when writing changes back to drawings (via both CAD, and Ebase).
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: Fixed application of toggling IDENTITY_INSERT which was working in release builds but mostly by chance in multi-threaded code.
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: Fixed crash adding an instrument or device with terminals but no catalog data. Caused by writing catalog data to terminal groups.
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: Fixed erroneous "Unpaired extension" warning in conductor reports from database-only screen/shield terminated at only one end.
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: Fixed resolution of reversed lookup where the relationship could go to multiple tables, e.g. ~D1: can link to any loop diagram table.
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: Import from Excel could sometimes freeze if the last data row fell on a specific range that aligned with the IM/CS fetch buffer.
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: Now uses full buffer size to retrieve database names from SQL Server. Fixes issue of failure to find an existing empty database.
- Instrument Manager: Fixed check for finished Wirediag to accommodate the file going missing when AutoCAD with backup enabled renames the file to BAK.
- Licence Manager: Attempt to fix problem that prevents reading the licence user lock files, reporting "Cannot be accessed ... Error code: (5)".
- Licence Manager: Fixed error that reported requiring a Raceway licence when an Instrument Manager licence was required but unavailable.
- Licence Manager: New ability to receive messages from a lower-privilege application was not working for the default message type
- Paneldes: Fixed crash resulting from stretching a trimmed ladder block.
- Paneldes: Fixed stack overflow crash finding the route of a cable that passes through a very large number of segments.
- Paneldes: Groups for panels and plates and 3D blocks now properly fixed when copied with CAD copy command and copy & paste.
- Protogen: Fixed "Pick clone and anchor for sub-dbf", which was failing to open the master database after support for . in filenames
- Protogen: Reverse transfer, update DBF from changes in clone DWG was failing to update the DBF with changes from the DWGs.
- Miscellaneous: INI or DSN contents could get duplicated if a write operation encountered an updated file.
- Miscellaneous: Fixed delay when writing numerous values to INI or DSN files.
EDS 22.214.171.124 Released
28 Feb 2019
Note: Versions 126.96.36.199 onward will require relicencing.
- Licence Manager: Pro Suite licence options.
- Licence Manager: New IM Read-Only licence. Similar to a read-only user but enforced by the licence. Allows for a lower cost option for read-only.
- Licence Manager: New option in Configure Licences window for a user to load authcodes from a returned Authcode Request file. Can also drop the file on the window.
- Licence Manager: Main Licence Manager dialog now shows the licence status of the drive selected in the list instead of always the first drive with an available licence.
- Licence Manager: Better failure messages from programs that attempt to start Slicence.exe but fail.
- Paneldes: Improved ability to read legacy drawings. Now recognises solid point order from GstarCAD 2012 from EDS 8.4.
- Paneldes: Restored ability to draw a wire list as cross-section for a duct segment, which was removed in 188.8.131.52 with the graphical cable cross-section.
- Miscellaneous: Ceased imposing the character limitation of 29999 for records in DBF files.
- Block Manager: Line weight was not set using "Modify Layers of Selected Symbols". This was supposed to be fixed in 8.5 but was not.
- Cable Scheduler: "View Route in CAD" did not run if the project contained multiple Paneldes drawings.
- Cable Scheduler: Navisworks link spreadsheet was not updated when running routing from Cable Scheduler.
- Ebase: Fixed Export to PDF for hatches, which previously were converted to low resolution bitmaps (blocky appearance).
- Elecdes: Copy reactor gave new names to markers for the same wire if they were different blocks (e.g. one on line, one extension).
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: Fixed crash or incorrect connection replacement if connection is made by dragging from list view item to tree view item.
- Licence Manager: Attempt to find the first available licence drive now checks all licence types per drive, not just Elecdes.
- Licence Manager: Fixed bug that [Exit] from Configure Licences would be stuck on the dialog if licence folder was removed or renamed during dialog display.
- Wirediag: Device with schematic and single line diagram representation was drawn with multiple device boxes in its wiring diagram.
EDS 184.108.40.206 Released
18 Jun 2018
- AutoCAD 2019 support.
- Unicode support. Data is stored in UTF-8 format in EDS files (eg DBFs).
- Added support for MS Access ACCDB format databases.
- Ebase: Export Drawings to PDF file with hyperlinks for component references.
BYLAYOUT supports CTB files, located in the Elecdes or Paneldes profile's "Plot Style Table Search Path", ELECDES folder, or USER_SYMB folder
- Ebase: Automatic Catalog Replacement from File from Ebase, and using -GC on Ebase command line, as is available inside Global Editor.
Replacement list file fields: TABLE, OLD_CATNO, NEW_CATNO, OLD_MFG, NEW_MFG, OLD_EXTRAP, NEW_EXTRAP, FILTER.
- Ebase: Automatic Find & Replace from File from Ebase, as is available inside Global Editor.
Replacement list file fields: TABLE, ATTNAME, OLD_ATTVAL, NEW_ATTVAL, MATCHCASE, WHOLEWORD, FILTER.
- Conductor Routing: Support Glands as an Accessory with SUBCLASS="GLAND".
LOCATION should be set to panel name.
AUX3 contains cable names in a semi-colon separated list (wildcards supported), with a "CABLES:" prefix value. Otherwise, TAGNAME should match the cable that is to use that gland.
Cable will pass through a gland (then to either the centre of the panel or to a termination point).
- Conductor Routing: Support Termination Points as an Accessory with SUBCLASS="TERMPOINT".
LOCATION should be set to panel name.
AUX3 contains cable names in a semi-colon separated list (wildcards supported), with a "CABLES:" prefix value. No value in AUX3 matches all cables in the panel.
Termination point replaces drawing and routing to the centre of the panel.
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: User defined highlighting of list view rows. Conditions can be based on the date, age or contents of each record.
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: Save and restore list/edit view column filter configurations, and toolbar buttons for controlling list view column filters.
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: Add association between terminal groups. Uses A100 columns, so A100 is now reserved and should not be used for User Types.
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: Connections made in the 3-tree Connection View now make a C1 connection if made to the left tree and C2 if made to the right tree.
- Instrument Manager: Retain backup copies of previous output diagrams in REV sub-folders for revision checking.
- Install: Now asks if files should be copied to the folders configured in Setup (e.g. network folders) or the original installation folders.
- Install: No longer requires a choice of the type of CAD engine and instead copies all CAD support files. Setup can now switch CAD engine.
- Licence Manager: Materials report generation from Ebase is now included with a Paneldes or IM licence.
- Ebase: Names for Elecdes Zones can now be up to 35 characters. The previous limit was 10 characters. This causes a drawing cache version change.
- Paneldes: Improved cable positioning for Route Viewing and Cable Cross-Section.
- Paneldes: Detect AutoCAD pre-selection set when running functions that ask for selection and use the Paneldes selection window.
- Paneldes: New help instructions for Navisworks linking specifying to not load XRefs from a master and instead to "Append" them in Navisworks.
- Paneldes: Copy reactor now does not rename components inside copied panels if the panel name is incremented (and the new overall name is not used).
- Paneldes: Provides more information in the error message when the function GetPointsForSolidEntity fails extracting entities from a drawing.
- Paneldes: Performance improvements when extracting data for Global Editing large models. Should have fewer extractions of the components.
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: Performance improvements for large databases.
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: Now shows parent component in error message about unresolved relationship when importing components.
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: User type linking columns now checked at the same time as other columns instead of later during loading the Tags table.
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: Shows progress/ditty while loading potential parents for Pick Parent.
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: Builder now copies catalog data to the terminal groups as well as the device or instrument (via the component's standard catalog map file).
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: Builder now assigns terminals of a subcomponent to only the terminal group specified for that subcomponent, better handling duplicate terminals.
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: "Switch Connection Sides" added to switch the C1 / C2 connections on a conductor.
- Instrument Manager: Generation of wiring diagram or terminal strip diagram now updates the diagram if it exists instead of always re-creating from the template.
- Instrument Manager: LP_Order added to Terminal Groups table both in template and in required columns for existing databases. Access 2000 Sample.mdb.
- Instrument Manager: Database template now includes a rating table for Alarms.
- Install: Full installer will now accept an existing folder that is empty. Previously only accepted an existing folder containing an existing installation.
- Install: [Make new folder] is now disabled in the update installer.
- Install: Install for a sample project now shows the [Make new folder] button and the folder edit box.
- Global Editor: Will get Z coordinate from extracted blocks if Z column is included in image file templates.
- Block Manager: "Convert Symbol File Format" option to remove the invalid "Student Version" plot stamp. Using this option exports the drawing contents using wblock. Note that this has the same effect as a full purge.
- Licence Manager: Proper multi-package licence check. Also means now the preferred licence is occupied first (e.g. Wirediag occupies Elecdes before IM).
- Licence Manager: Specifically enabled reception of messages from a lower-privilege application, ensuring licensing works if Licence Manager is run as admin.
- Licence Manager: Has more options for inter-process communication to help overcome problematic security configuration at user sites.
- Protogen: Allow for . dots in clone drawing names.
- Setup: Multi-Client Library Manager improved: shows current client, recognises change to client path, [Load] button option to switch client.
- Miscellaneous: Enabled the edit box to directly enter a folder on suitable calls to the "Browse for folder" dialog.
- Miscellaneous: Made the simple pick list dialog re-sizeable. Used for various instances of picking a single item from a list, e.g. Choose symbol to insert, in Elecdes.
- Miscellaneous: Added an error message on failure to create the temporary file to set the cache time stamp.
- Ebase: Materials reports now get Paneldes component dimensions first from the component before using the catalog value. Corrects LENGTH.
- Elecdes: Redefine symbols during insertion was not showing the new graphics until redrawn since changing to ARX insertion.
- Elecdes: Fixed insertion of 2D panel layout symbols, which has been able to fail for anyone but showed only in 8.7 testing.
- Elecdes: Spanish ribbon menu corrections for some function titles and descriptions.
- Elecdes: Fixed length specified for 3CT symbol in metric 3 phase draw menu in _Common_Symbols.dbm.
- Elecdes: Navigate from Database Editor to an unnamed wire that is connected to a device no longer fails.
- Elecdes: Fixed problem that MTD Save after an AutoCAD auto-save would create a graphics block with numbers on the end of the name.
- Elecdes: Fixed "Pick wire order" which intermittently worked only partially or not at all.
- Elecdes: Fixed NullReferenceException error if the users EDS.CUIX file has been modified to remove either the metric or imperial menus.
- Elecdes: Fixed calls to Name Sequencer that caused repeated warnings about using the last pre-defined or limited sequence when inserting cable cores.
- Elecdes: Fixed zone or line-layer naming, which was not working for multiple insert (e.g. on a ladder diagram).
- Conductor Routing: Route length for routes including fixed length segments calculated differently to ensure a more predictable output.
Now adds to the overall length the difference between the fixed length and the modelled length.
- Paneldes: Cable Route Viewing and Cross-Section were not accounting for tray base height.
- Paneldes: Fixed Global Editing to retain the previous layer for route segments that were not on a specific power layer.
- Paneldes: Fixed potential crash when storing set of matching catalog raceway parts for insert or Polyline Trace.
- Paneldes: Fixed Polyline Trace with cutting options turned off constructing a shallow corner with an incorrect large bend radius.
- Paneldes: Global Editing changes now recognised by DBF value comparison instead of by having to exceed the datum error margin, 5mm default.
- Paneldes: Fixed NavisworksLink spreadsheet to link to the label or 3D block of a Panel. Previously was linked to the frame, which did not render in Navisworks.
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: [Clear all filters] did not properly clear the filtering from both top and bottom list views.
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: Fixed crash loading a project with an existing record remaining in the Logged_in_user table in a project last used with EDS 7.x.
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: Fixed to write UTC time to [Time Stamp] column allowing sorting modifications from multiple time zones. Was writing local time.
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: Escape did not close the Component Builder dialog if the grid control had the keyboard focus.
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: Fixed crash in new terminal strip builder if the terminal strip name does not match the name sequence.
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: Fixed silent failure loading a database with table structure but no data. Was failing quietly upon finding empty Alias table.
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: List view now built (with at least the Item column) even if database errors mean it cannot identify a column list for the components.
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: Fixed Replace from File, which replaced text in only the first row with the text to find.
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: Fixed crash in catalog (re)selection of an existing PLC I/O card with an invalid or no existing catalog reference.
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: Stopped catalog (re)selection of an existing PLC I/O card from overwriting the tagname with a rack-slot generated name.
- Instrument Manager: The issue raised to alert the user about duplication in the P&ID database was repeated if the component name contained a question mark.
- Instrument Manager: Fixed Generate Loop failing after using Update Custom Loop Table where the update adds new columns.
- Cable Scheduler: Fixed bug where View Routes would open the model but not draw the cables.
- DGN Converter: Fixed problem saving map file changes such that mappings could not be erased, only created.
- Protogen: Formula processing and replacement now handles text longer than 255 characters, e.g. in multiple line Notes blocks as an MText entity.
- Setup: [Check for updates] now correctly parses version numbers such that 8.x.x.11 is considered later than 8.x.x.2.
- Wirediag: Failed to show device in a terminal strip if subcomponent 0 from the device was not used.
- Wirediag: Construction now stops if a symbol cannot be found or insertion fails. Stops endless series of message clicking.
- Wirediag: Hide previously hidden attributes was making incorrect partial matches, e.g. attribute TERM could be hidden if TERMB was hidden.
- Wirediag: Crashed generating a bar terminal with more than 9 wires (could have crashed at more than 3) since introduction of Reference Drawings.
- Catalog: Fixed ABB PLC catalog entries, some of which were modified incorrectly in the 8.6.1 update.
- Block Manager: Fixed "Not that kind of class" error updating a symbol with annotative scaling on attributes.
- Miscellaneous: Fixed a .NET exception when changing text in a single-record data grid view while using a large font such that the bottom was clipped.
- Miscellaneous: Fixed dialogs with a data grid such that pressing [TAB] can now shift the keyboard focus into the data grid.
- Miscellaneous: Name sequence for Project Drawing entries for ICE added to name sequence files, Names ICE/ANSI.dbm.
- Miscellaneous: Fixed the issue that saving as 2018 format sets drawings to have a "student version" watermark
EDS 220.127.116.11 Released
9 Feb 2018
- Paneldes: 3D realistic blocks for raceway. Examples are supplied for ladder tray.
- Paneldes: Polyline Trace will now insert multiple straight length segments end-to-end if the segments have a specified fixed length in the catalog.
- Paneldes: New button to load the raceway insert dialog with the catalog specification most closely matching the previously inserted part.
- Paneldes: Support length-extensions (tangents) on tray shapes, short straight sections at the joining ends - LENGTH1, 2 and 3.
- Paneldes: Support and differentiate between internal (concave) and external (convex) risers.
- Paneldes: Support Tee segments that branch to the right (use a negative angle)
- Paneldes: Support a separate dimension for side wall versus base thickness - WIDTH2 and HEIGHT2. Supports SECHEIGHT for existing catalogs.
- Paneldes: Full DBF Import in Paneldes, with same features as Elecdes 8.4.6.
- GstarCAD 2018 support.
- Paneldes: Erase raceway envelope construction now allows the user to select the raceway segments for which the envelope is erased.
- Paneldes: No longer displays the "Generate BOM" question when Global Editing small models.
- Paneldes: Global Editor now erases and rebuilds raceway envelope for only modified segments.
- Paneldes: New setting for the tolerance used to decide if the dimensions of a segment match another for Polyline Trace.
- Paneldes: Paneldes selection with query window now allow the selection of frozen or hidden entities.
- Paneldes: Will now create standard layers as and when required if they are missing from layer.dbf.
- Paneldes: Route View will now draw panel and device boxes on layer "routdisppanels" so they can be hidden independently of the conductor line.
- Paneldes: Performance improvement for model building by using ARX database functions instead of editor functions for raceway envelope construction.
- Paneldes: Performance improvement when converting many in-memory DBF data structures to Paneldes component data structures.
- Paneldes: New option "Change direction" in the raceway placement menu and hotkeys to aid placement of new shapes.
- Paneldes: Raceway placement menu now shows raceway segment ends in the "Drag by..." sub-menu, equivalent to the [E] hotkey.
- Paneldes: Placement of a Tee or X / Cross segment to split a length will trim both straight length segments if placed over a join in those length segments.
- Paneldes: Tee segment is now dragged by the bottom of the 'T' when splitting a straight length segment. Now easier to align to other segments.
- Paneldes: The full length of a straight segment is now shown in the "Untrimmed Length" field on the insertion dialog.
- Paneldes: Increased the tolerance to consider straight lengths are connected to fittings when re-sizing after Global Editing.
- Paneldes: Identification of an existing block as a default label is now more lenient (any "M_LABEL_*" or "I_LABEL_*").
- Paneldes: Improve performance when re-building a run of straight length segments.
- Paneldes: Now always re-builds runs of straight segments if they are Global Edited.
- Paneldes: [Add Lid] in the raceway extra parts builder now just adds a graphic only lid instead of opening the catalog to select a lid.
- Paneldes: Replacement of catalog specification on straight segments now does not change the overall length. Now builds a new run to suit.
- Paneldes: Re-built runs of straight segments after Global Editing now use appropriate name sequence instead of just adding a suffix.
- Paneldes: Avoids re-use of raceway segment names when inserting or modifying raceway.
- Paneldes: Naming of runs of segments from insertion or modification now ensures a single numeric suffix.
- Paneldes: Polyline Trace now checks for existing raceway on the polyline and warns if present.
- Paneldes: Raceway Integrity Checker now warns if it finds multiple segments, devices or panels in the same position and orientation.
- Paneldes: Naming give to straight length segment split by Tee or X/Cross normalised to use the same naming system as runs (point separated suffix).
- Paneldes: Routing summary report now saved to a file: "<prj>RoutingSummary.txt".
- Paneldes: Added segment pairs per cable to the routing summary report.
- Paneldes: Added descriptions for some of the reported statistics in the routing summary report.
- Paneldes: Added displaying the Xref drawing name in any error message where opening and reading an XRef drawing fails.
- Conductor Routing: Final choice of routes that are close to terminations now chooses shortest within M/I_CLOSE_CONDUIT_MAXDIST
- Conductor Routing: Fetches cable diameter from other column options before CABLEFACTR's NEC large cable diameter, allowing CABLEFACTR to specify a larger diameter than the actual cable to separate cables in filling calculations without affecting cable drawing.
- Conductor Routing: Conductor route length is now written in the routing debugging file RouteTraceOutput.txt.
- Elecdes: Cross reference symbol insertion now always inserts forward-oriented cross reference symbols regardless of schematic symbol orientation.
- Elecdes/Paneldes: Elecdes and Paneldes now check if the workspace is missing the main menus or ribbon tabs and rebuild the workspace if so.
- Catalog: Set CATDESC to a short summary of the parts in Cooper B-Line catalog, CatGCP. Previously was just the shape name.
- Instrument Manager: Can now set the First Word for a PLC card in the PLC card ratings for a Re-select from Catalog.
- Setup: [Reset profiles...] now triggers reconstruction of the Elecdes and Paneldes workspaces (in addition to rebuilding the profiles).
- Setup: Install a manifest into the CAD package installation to force the use of .NET 4.0 for AutoCAD 2007-2011 and for GstarCAD 2012.
- Paneldes: Fixed use of ARX database functions to insert blocks, which caused bad scale and alignment in Paneldes.
- Paneldes: Fixed spline for innermost cable on a corner or riser from cutting into the inner wall of the raceway.
- Paneldes: Stopped reactor to object modification from running during a drawing save.
- Paneldes: Auto Insert now uses values from the Auto Insert file in preference to the catalog, which means it now works for trimmed lengths.
- Paneldes: Fixed Auto Insert to insert tee segments and to show the shape cursor when the primary component is a corner or riser.
- Paneldes: Fixed orientation of label blocks on reducers that were copied.
- Paneldes: Fixed failure to insert 3D solid or label on copied corner and riser segments with eCannotScaleNonUniformly. Matrix now orthogonal.
- Paneldes: Fixed function that erases raceway envelope construction to set UNDO transactions correctly.
- Paneldes: Global Edit now reconstructs at the precise existing position instead of the rounded position from the database if not moved.
- Paneldes: Modified cable drawing through corners and risers to return to using an arc with radius dependent on the position on the segment face.
- Paneldes: Enabled Query Conductor to pick SPLINE entities, which are used in cable viewing from EDS 8.4.1 onwards.
- Paneldes: 3D raceway block or label with a long block name was erased when running Global Edit due to buffer overrun.
- Paneldes: Cable cross-section list drawing failed for straight segments that were split during the route tracing.
- Paneldes: Polyline Trace was overly pessimistic when reducing the bend radius of corners to fit between bends, using only half the length available.
- Paneldes: Restored the message when Polyline Trace reduced the bend radius of non-catalog corners to fit between bends.
- Paneldes: Fixed crash in Pick Forced Route if a previous attempt was cancelled.
- Paneldes: End-trimming when inserting raceway did not correctly trim when the end had a very short length on the end of a longer length.
- Paneldes: Query Component bounding box was not set correctly for a Tee segment with 0 in SECWIDTH, when it should assume same as WIDTH.
- Paneldes: Route View failed to draw the first conductor if the conductor file contained one or more blank records anywhere in the file.
- Paneldes: Routing could crash if the model contained raceway segments with split power values.
- Paneldes: Reading a modified drawing for cable routing omitted extracting blocks meaning it saved a cache that omitted the datum and scale.
- Paneldes: Changed how an XRef is opened to read its entities to a method that succeeded, where opening by name failed.
- Paneldes: Fixed attempt to clean-up temporarily locked cable and route records to not depend on the DBK files. Previously would not run if either DBK was missing. Previously could crash if the DBK was read-only and larger than the DBF.
- Conductor Routing: Fixed intermittent SetUCSMatrix failure, unusual route lengths and route lengths reported as only the units text from Route Tracing
- Conductor Routing: Cable that was back-calculating cable diameter from cablefactor would instead get a fixed 4mm or 3/16" cable diameter
- Conductor Routing: Prevented an apparent lock-up or freeze when Cable Drumming attempted to report an invalidly long cable. Now limited to 5 x drum size.
- Elecdes: Restored ability to use pre-set values in attributes if not overwritten by catalog or insertion attributes.
- Elecdes: Fixed crash inserting startref block. Use of ARX to insert block was missing ability to set attributes in order without attribute names.
- Elecdes: Insertion of a symbol that is concurrently open in AutoCAD caused an exception following the change to use ARX functions.
- Elecdes: Metric symbols toolbar had the wrong command linked to the button "Place a panel". The ribbon and menu were correct
- Elecdes: DBF Import failed on GstarCAD and failed to insert into paper space when an import configuration JSON file was loaded.
- Elecdes/Paneldes: DBF Import failed on GstarCAD since it was changed to insert MTEXT.
- Elecdes/Paneldes: The choice of bottom-right justification for the text in DBF Import was not recognised and created top-left justified text.
- Elecdes/Paneldes: Fixed exception from DBF Import if maximum records specified in the config file exceeded the number of records in the DBF.
- Elecdes/Paneldes: Forced .NET modal dialogs to foreground. On GstarCAD 2012 they appeared behind the CAD window, leaving the program mostly unresponsive.
- Elecdes/Paneldes: Now unloads CUIX file if AutoCAD is keeping it in use so that it can be replaced.
- Wirediag: Invisible attributes on alpha-sorted terminals were being treated as if manually hidden by the user.
- Wirediag: Preferences for Device were not saved for hybrid terminals.
- Block Manager: [Update selected drawings with new symbol definitions] did not synchronise attributes.
- Catalog: Fixed specifications for some parts in imperial Cooper B-Line catalog, CatGCP.
- Database Editor: Fixed "Advanced Sort" failing to sort after changes for the new UI for DBF Import.
- Ebase: Cross reference report was not created if the connection reporting templates were missing from the RTEMPLATE folder.
- Instrument Manager: Fixed multi-user lock-up editing tags when a table has more than 30,000 parent links and is viewing children in a list view using an alias.
- Instrument Manager: Fixed Re-select from Catalog for a PLC card not re-building the terminal groups and terminals correctly, with erratic results.
- Instrument Manager: Fixed Select or Re-select from Catalog for a PLC card to not re-set the addresses and descriptions.
- Instrument Manager: Fixed to preserve cable connections to terminal groups during Select or Re-select from Catalog.
- Instrument Manager: Link to AutoCAD P&ID could create blank areas since the change to allow non-data mappings to make valid records.
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: Fixed the relational alias system choosing between alternative aliases that used the child separator | or referenced a ratings record.
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: Form Edit in the Relational Column Alias Editor saved the change to the first record.
- Install: Silent 'update' install was not running Setup in silent mode.
- Install: Did not copy executable files to installation if EL32.INI file had BIN and BIN64 settings changed, e.g. from using Find & Replace on the path.
- Miscellaneous: Fixed conversion of imperial values to use 4 decimal places, which is precise to 1/16", where previously it was 2dp supporting only 1/4". Also now trims trailing zeros from values providing tidier output in reports.
- Miscellaneous: Crash extracting blocks with long names because of unprotected buffer loading. The problem appeared extracting non-EDS blocks.
EDS 18.104.22.168 Released
- AutoCAD 2018 support (including DWG 2018 file format)
- New Ribbons for Elecdes and Paneldes (in AutoCAD 2013 and later), with new layouts and icons.
- Setup: New button on the main dialog to reset the CAD profiles for Elecdes and Paneldes (also resets the Elecdes/Paneldes workspace in AutoCAD)
- Elecdes/Paneldes: Improved workspace creation and checking to better detect and fix the workspace. A damaged workspace (eg missing ribbons) can be recreated using the command "MAKEEDSWORKSPACE"
- Elecdes: Rename reactor now also renames copied single line cable markers and panel symbols
- Elecdes: Removed the 80 drawing limit for wire extension continuation
- Paneldes: New method used to determine the orientation of a Paneldes 3D solid entity
- Paneldes: Created method to create solid entities consistently in Paneldes, meaning solid points are consistent and creation is consistent
- Paneldes: Inserting the datum block will change the drawing type to Paneldes in the project if it is currently listed as an Elecdes drawing
- Paneldes: Paneldes-BOM / Global Edit file now created from template_PnldesModel.dbf
- Conductor Routing: Missing waypoint or wrong power on waypoint will now be skipped instead of preventing routing. Alert in route details
- Conductor Routing: Allow wires specifically to make "touch-and-go" connections as wires may connect from a device to very near the end of panel ducting
- Miscellaneous: Background cache update now continues silently if the project contains drawings that cannot be found. This means it does not pause and keep the project locked
- Elecdes/Paneldes: Fix crash when running plain GstarCAD after running Elecdes or Paneldes
- Elecdes: Drawing reference table had the incorrect path to the report (<prj>xref_drawing.dbf) if the drawing and project were in different folders
- Elecdes: Cross-reference back annotation set the reference for only the first pair of wire extension markers for each continuing wire
- Elecdes: Fixed reactor to break lines stretched across a symbol with the STRETCH command. Currently works only across a single symbol
- Elecdes: When run in an MTD edit session, some functions would leave a flag set that prevented MTD Save from working
- Paneldes: Riser segments constructed from a straight segment by polyline trace had a class of CABTRAY instead of TRAYRSR
- Paneldes: Values in EE data but not in the label or 3D block were erased by the reactor if the object was later modified
- Paneldes: Riser segments with width equal to height were drawn with the open top on the side rather than the top or bottom, i.e. as a corner
- Paneldes: Fix creation of plates in GstarCAD 2016. Previously some plates were extruded outwards and some inwards
- Paneldes: Fixed incorrect enabling/disabling of "Constrain to plate" and "Constrain to panel". Disabled "Face alignment" when constrained
- Paneldes: Fixed a problem that caused viewed cables to sometimes cross over each other in reducers and in conduits
- Paneldes: Ensure viewed cables don't leave conduit anywhere except at the ends
- Paneldes: Reconstruction of non-rectangular plates after Global Editing would sometimes fail to create regions
- Paneldes: Fixed creation of points for spline for a cable to prevent "SetUCSMatrix Failed - Colinear points".
- Paneldes: Fixed stack overflow error while saving a new drawing.
- Paneldes: Cable routing and background cache update would crash if the drawing contained segments that were missing their alignment point
- Paneldes: Default Paneldes-BOM / Global Edit file NORTH, EAST and ELEVATION columns now have width of 30 to stop truncation of imperial values
- Paneldes: Change of position from Global Editing was done using WCS points but in UCS, leaving components in the wrong position
- Conductor Routing: Detection of reversed terminations was still able to fail if segments were split due to omitting restoration of the segment total length
- Conductor Routing: Fix crash during routing if raceway segments contained lower case characters
- Conductor Routing: Legitimate routes where a device connects near a join between two trays were blocked by protection against "touch-and-go".
- Wirediag: Diagram construction from a signals database was trying to create references, which variously caused warnings and/or a crash
- Wirediag: Restored option to draw a terminal strip or wiring diagram without cables, now as its own separate checkbox
- Instrument Manager/Cable Scheduler: Fixed loading tables from old databases (that required tables added) which caused the tags folder to be shown twice in the component tree
- Instrument Manager: Fixed crashing when some types of Fieldbus hub were viewed in the connection preview
- Instrument Manager: Fixed P&ID linking to not create a query with 0 rows for an empty P&ID table, which lead to the warning: "Could not set statement attribute for row array size"
- Cable Scheduler: Fix updates to existing database components from drawing changes: ratings, cable cores and device terminals now always synchronised
- Ebase: Some tagnames were repeated in TAGS column of materials summary report (BSUM)
- Ebase: Materials summary reports for components with no MFG and CATNO were incorrect in that they were combined into one total
- Ebase: Cross-references could not use STARTREF attribute from a title block if the image template template_$title.dbf included SHEETNAME
- Ebase: A Paneldes drawing started without a datumsc and added to the project would remain stuck as an Elecdes drawing unless the cache was deleted
- Ebase: Fix crash or bad cross-reference if all but two symbols are marked RSTATUS = "No Xref" and have no subcomponent numbers
- Ebase: Export Drawings was not removing wiring diagram and nested block definitions. Also now removes all unused block definitions, like purge
- Catalog: A catalog reference for a single I/O channel returned the type code in the CATDESC instead of the description
- Block Manager: Line weight was not set while using "Modify properties of inserted blocks" and "Modify layers of selected symbols"